Sight Word Roads

My preppies have been working hard on expanding their bank of sight words. My boys in particular love anything to do with cars, roads and maps so I made this activity with them in mind. There are 5 maps with roads/paths on them. On each road there are a number of blank stop and go signs. I laminated each of these sheets and then  I choose 3 sight words and write them on randomly  on each of the signs with a sharpie (they wipe straight off with a magic eraser!). Because there are only a few words and lots and lots of signs, it gives them a chance to really reinforce each word. I bought some tiny cars from the $2 shop and my boys (and some of my girls too) drive the cars around the maps, stopping at each sign to say the word. It doesn't matter how many times I get this activity out, it is always popular.
Click here to open

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Basic Addition

Number Pattern Cards to 100

Alphabet Color by Letter